- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Old Fashioned Chicken Soup Recipe
|Stewing chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound, cut up|
|Salt||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|White onions||1⁄2 Pound|
|Noodles||1 Cup (16 tbs), uncooked|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3586 Calories from Fat 1637
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 182 g279.7%
Saturated Fat 51.7 g258.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 1157.7 mg
Sodium 6092.3 mg253.8%
Total Carbohydrates 127 g42.3%
Dietary Fiber 15.7 g62.7%
Sugars 23.5 g
Protein 343 g686.2%
Vitamin A 877% Vitamin C 87.3%
Calcium 40.5% Iron 98.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Simmer, covered, 1 1/2 hours, or until chicken is just tender.
3. While chicken is cooking, prepare vegetables: Wash carrots; peel; cut in 1-inch chunks. Wash and peel onions.
4. When chicken is done, remove it, along with bay leaf, from stock. Skim off as much fat as possible from stock.
5. Bring back to boiling. Add carrots and onions; simmer 45 minutes.
6. While vegetables are cooking, remove skin and bones from chicken, leaving chicken in large pieces. Save the scraps for sandwiches or salad.
7. Ten minutes before vegetables are done, add noodles and chicken pieces. Cook 10 minutes longer.
8. Sprinkle with parsley.