- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Old-Fashioned Brandied Pumpkin Pie Recipe
|Canned pumpkin puree/Fresh cooked pumpkin||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Green valley organics lactose free plain kefir/Green valley organics sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brandy||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (dairy or non-dairy)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2903 Calories from Fat 1390
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 155 g237.8%
Saturated Fat 81.3 g406.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 970.1 mg323.4%
Sodium 1375.8 mg57.3%
Total Carbohydrates 332 g110.8%
Dietary Fiber 15 g59.9%
Sugars 187.4 g
Protein 39 g78.1%
Vitamin A 908.3% Vitamin C 28.6%
Calcium 65.1% Iron 55%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat Oven to 400F.
2. Line a 9" pie pan with the dough. Trim t he edge. Cover with aluminum foil, and weigh it down with dried beans. Place in oven for proximately 15 min. Remove from oven; set aside to cool.
3. Measure the pumpkin into a roomy bowl. Add the kefir and the eggs, and beat thoroughly with a whisk.
4. Combine the sugar with the spices. Toss them together well, then beat them into the pumpkin mixture. Add the brandy, and mix thoroughly.
5. Spoon the filing into the partially baked pie crust.
6. Place the pie on the lower shelf of the oven and bake 8 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350F and continue to bake until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean, another 35 to 40 minutes.
Serve warm or cold, with whipped cream.
*Optionally, you can substitute Green Valley Organics Sour Cream in place of the kefir for a richer pie.