- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Old Fashioned Boiled Dressing For Coleslaw Recipe
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon, granulated|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Mustard||1 Teaspoon (Dry)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk/Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , slightly beaten|
Calories 107 Calories from Fat 35
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.1%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 98.2 mg
Sodium 269.7 mg11.2%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.2 g0.8%
Sugars 10.6 g
Protein 4 g7%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C 0.12%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small saucepan, mix the sugar, flour, pepper, dry mustard and salt together.
2) Stir in the milk, then stir constantly and cook over a medium heat for 3 minutes or until thick and bubbly.
3) Stir in vinegar and allow the mixture to simmer, then
turn off the heat.
4) Gradually in beat some hot dressing into the beaten egg yolks, then return into the saucepan.
5) Stir continuously and cook on a low heat for about 1 minute.
6) In a glass container, pour the dressing and allow to cool to the room temperature.
7) Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before using.
8) Use as required.