- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Old Fashioned Beef and Vegetable Soup Recipe
|Beef broth||1 1⁄2 Quart (Basic Type)|
|Potatoes||2 , peeled and diced|
|Carrots||2 , pared and sliced|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Onions||2 Small, peeled and quartered|
|Whole tomatoes||1 Pound|
|Cabbage head||1⁄2 , shredded|
|Frozen corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boiled beef||3 Cup (48 tbs), diced|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 195 Calories from Fat 26
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.5%
Saturated Fat 0.94 g4.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13 mg4.3%
Sodium 1340.1 mg55.8%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 6 g23.9%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 11 g22.3%
Vitamin A 66.5% Vitamin C 57.7%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large saucepan or kettle, let the beef broth come to boil.
2) Add in the potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Let the mixture come to boil once more.
3) Turn down the flame and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
4) Add in cabbage, corn and meat. Let the soup simmer for 10 minutes or until the vegetables turn crispy yet tender.
5) Serve the Old Fashioned Beef and Vegetable Soup in individual soup bowls, garnished with chopped parsley leaves.