- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Old-Fashioned Apple Butter Recipe: How to Make the Best Homemade Apple Butter in Your Slow Cooker Recipe Video
|Apple||12 Medium, peeled, cored, diced (use a mix of sweet and tart apples)|
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), packed|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), packed|
|Cinnamon powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Clove powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon (Mexican Blend Vanilla)|
Calories 255 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.42 g0.65%
Saturated Fat 0.1 g0.51%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2.8 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.6%
Sugars 58.5 g
Protein 0.58 g1.2%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C 16.2%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a crock pot put the diced apples and cook on high for around 4 hours or until it appears like a chunky apple sauce. Stir occasionally.
3. Add sugar, cinnamon powder, clove powder, nutmeg powder, and stir thoroughly until everything is combined. Put vanilla extract and mix.
5. Cook on low for 20 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove the lid during the last 2 hours.
6. Squeeze in some fresh lime juice and store in sterilized cans or jars.
7. Use this recipe to make desserts like cakes, truffles, or simply spread it on bread slices, crackers, or cookies.