- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Old Fashion Apple Pie Recipe
|Granulated sugar||160 Milliliter|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1715 Calories from Fat 259
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g53.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.3 mg
Sodium 473.8 mg19.7%
Total Carbohydrates 370 g123.4%
Dietary Fiber 31.6 g126.4%
Sugars 296.2 g
Protein 11 g22.6%
Vitamin A 21.1% Vitamin C 92%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F (215°C).
2. Peel the apples and slice them.
3. Take a bowl and sift into it sugar, flour and salt.
4. Take 9" (23 cm) pie plate and line it with a round of dough.
5. Spread half the dry mixture over it and add the remaining of it with apples.
6. Stuff apples into the pie shell and peck it with butter.
7. Cover its top and seal its edges.
8. Make a slit for the steam to escape and brush it with milk.
9. Bake it for 10 minutes at 425°F (215°C) and bake it for another half an hour by reducing the temperature to 350°F (180°C) or until it gets golden brown.
10. When done remove from oven and cool it.
11. Serve chilled.