- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Old English Casserole Recipe
|Noodles||8 Ounce, cooked, drained|
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound, ground|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Seasoned salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mushrooms||1 Can (10 oz), sliced|
|Green beans||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Tomato sauce||1 Can (10 oz) (Special)|
|Cheddar||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
Calories 660 Calories from Fat 358
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.6%
Saturated Fat 16.6 g83%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 137.1 mg
Sodium 385.9 mg16.1%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.2%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 34 g68.3%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 18.4%
Calcium 20.8% Iron 15%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Lightly grease a 8-cup baking dish.
3) Arrange the cooked noodles in the baking dish.
4) In a large skillet, add in the beef and brown both sides. Transfer the meat onto a bowl.
5) Drain the fat from the skillet, retaining only 1 tablespoon.
6) Add in the onions and saute till soft. Add in the browned beef.
7) Stir in flour, seasoned salt and lemon pepper. Add in the sliced mushrooms along with its liquid.
8) Next, add in the green beans and tomato sauce.
9) Pour the beef and vegetable sauce over the noodles. Spread the mixture out evenly and sprinkle with cheese.
10) Bake for about 30 minutes or until the casserole starts to bubble.
11) Serve the Old English Casserole hot.