- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ola - Grilled Island Shutome with Fresh Vegetables in a Luau Cream Sauce Recipe Video
|Macadamia nut oil||3 Teaspoon (herb infused ( 1 tsp for thee sauce + 1 tsp for grilling the fish + 1 tsp for the sauted vegetables))|
|Coconut milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Spinach||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Regular salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Green bell pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Herbs||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped (thyme ,Italian parsley and basil)|
|Sweet potato||1 Large, diced into cubes (Okinawan purple potato)|
|Fingerling potato||5 Small|
|Sugar snap pea||3|
|Asparagus||4 , halved|
|Cherry tomatoes||2 Small, halved|
|Crab||1 Teaspoon, cooked|
|Ogo||1 Teaspoon (for garnish)|
|Sea asparagus||1 Teaspoon (for garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1474 Calories from Fat 746
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 87 g134.5%
Saturated Fat 59.5 g297.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 114.5 mg
Sodium 2427.5 mg101.1%
Total Carbohydrates 108 g35.9%
Dietary Fiber 18.6 g74.4%
Sugars 20.6 g
Protein 78 g155.4%
Vitamin A 634.3% Vitamin C 96.9%
Calcium 23.8% Iron 69.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For the Luau Cream sauce: Heat a sauce pan and pour in a teaspoon of the herb infused macadamia nut oil.
2. Add the shallots and saute till they get soft.
3. Pour in the coconut milk and let it come to a boil.
4. Throw in the spinach and let it wilt.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. With a hand immersion blender, blend the sauce to a smooth consistency.Set aside.
7. Season the sword fish or the shutome steak with salt and pepper.
8. Sprinkle the herbs and drizzle the macadamia nut oil and throw it in the grill and cook to your liking and until nice grill marks appear on both the sides.Set aside.
9. For the fresh vegetables : Heat a saute pan with macadamia nut oil and lightly saute the potatoes, snow peas, asparagus and the cherry tomatoes.
10. On a plate, transfer the sauted vegetables.
11. Place the grilled sword fish on the vegetables.
12. Spoon in the cream sauce.
13. Top the sword fish with the cooked crab meat and the local ogo.
14. Spoon in some more sauce and sprinkle the local ogo and sea asparagus.
15. Serve the fish platter right away.