- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Okra Peanut Fry Recipe Video
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Peanuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Okra||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into pieces|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||4 Medium|
|Green chilies||5 Medium|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bengal gram||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black gram||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 322 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.7%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1970.7 mg82.1%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.4%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 15 g30%
Vitamin A 20.2% Vitamin C 247.6%
Calcium 16.5% Iron 22.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut onion and okra into pieces and keep aside.
2. Heat a skillet to medium high heat and dry roast peanuts in it.
3. Remove from the skillet before they turn black onto a dry kitchen towel.
4. Fold over the towel to remove the husk from the peanuts.
5. In the empty pan add some olive or cooking oil and heat.
6. Add mustard seeds and grams for the tempering.
7. Add the chopped onions and cook
8. Add garlic, green chilies, turmeric and asafoetida and sauté.
9. Add the okra and cook well until everything is well incorporated.
10. If you want to have okra the restaurant style, deep fry the okra alone and mix with the other ingredients after cooking in the above manner.
11. Let it cook for a while and then add the chili powder and salt.
12. Cook for about 5 and add the husked roasted peanuts.
13. Cook for about 5 minutes and then turn off the stove.
14. Serve with rice garnished with ghee.