- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Okonomiyaki Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dashi/Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cabbage||1⁄2 Medium, shredded|
|Sea food/Meat||1 Packet (Assorted frozen pack defrosted.)|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (For frying)|
|Okonomiyaki sauce||To Taste|
|Mayonnaise||To Taste (Use as per taste)|
|Furikake||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Nori seaweed||1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped finely (Optional)|
Calories 667 Calories from Fat 223
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.6%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 94.7 mg
Sodium 5828 mg242.8%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.3%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 24 g48.6%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 76.9%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 21.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a large mixing bowl with the flour in it. Add the dashi to the flour and add an egg. Whisk it all up similar to whisking dough for a pancake. Then add the cabbage and mix.
2. Take another bowl and add all the sea food into it and thaw it. Then add it to the cabbage batter and combine well. Make sure all the ingredients are well mixed.
3. Take a pan with some oil and heat it up. Put some of the mix into the pan and spread it to a round shape and fry in medium high heat till the edges start browning. Then flip sides and cook the other side similarly.
4. Once done it can be removed on a plate.
5. After the okonomiyaki is served on a plate, drizzle some okonomiyaki sauce and mayonnaise over it.
6. Serve by sprinkling other toppings like furikake or nori seaweed as per taste. It can also be served with warm rice.