- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Okara Burgers Recipe
|Green peppers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Finely grated carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Miso paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Okra/Cooked soybeans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Parsley flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Toasted wheat germ||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Coating Patties)|
Calories 269 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.4%
Saturated Fat 0.45 g2.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 263.8 mg11%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.5%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 17 g33.6%
Vitamin A 49.8% Vitamin C 26%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 32.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash the peppers and celery and chop them to fine slices. Wash the carrots and grate.
2) In a small bowl, add water and dissolve the miso paste.
3) In your food processor, add all vegetables, miso, okara, or cooked soybeans and spices. Blend all these at a low speed.
4) In a mixing bowl, put the mixture and add with remaining ingredients. Combine thoroughly.
5) Make out patties from this mixture and coat both sides evenly with flour.
6) In a fry pan, heat up oil over moderate heat.
7) Pan fry the patties, till both sides are golden brown.
8) Serve by garnishing with sliced tomato, sliced onions and lettuce.