- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ohio Ham Birds Recipe
|Cooked ham||12 , thin slices|
|Applesauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red apple||1 , cut into 1/2 inch cubes (Cored But Not Pared)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Powdered cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
Calories 223 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.6%
Saturated Fat 9.7 g48.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.7 mg
Sodium 88.6 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.91 g3.6%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 7 g13.3%
Vitamin A 9.6% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 0.9% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) Take a large bowl and combine onion, rice, celery, cloves, pepper and salt in it.
3) Spread the ham slices with stuffing almost to the edge.
4) Roll tightly ad tie or fasten with small skewers.
5) Place in a low flat casserole.
6) Distribute the apple sauce evenly around birds.
7) Arrange the apples around birds.
8) Brush with butter and sprinkle cinnamon.
9) Bake, uncovered, for about 30 minutes or until apples become brown.
10) Serve Ohio Ham Birds hot.