- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
#165 Ohagi Recipe Video
|Adzuki beans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), washed|
|Water||10 Cup (160 tbs)|
|Mochi rice||4⁄5 Cup (12.8 tbs), cooked|
|Rice||1⁄5 Cup (3.2 tbs), cooked|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 1110 Calories from Fat 12
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.2%
Saturated Fat 0.43 g2.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 208.9 mg8.7%
Total Carbohydrates 238 g79.2%
Dietary Fiber 22 g87.9%
Sugars 50 g
Protein 38 g75.3%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 11.5% Iron 50.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, place beans with some water and bring to a boil. Drain the water and fill fresh water. Repeat this process 3 times.
2. Boil the beans on low heat, until it turns tender.
3. Add sugar and salt. Using a rice spoon, crush the beans.
4. Using a rice spoon, crush the cooked rice, form equal sized balls.
5. On a plastic wrap, place 2 tablespoons of the bean mixture and over it place a rice ball, gently close the wrap to form a ball. Repeat the process to make several balls.
6. Serve as a dessert or finger food.