- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oats Masala Dosa-Stuffed Chickpea Crepe Recipe Video
|Long grain brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black lentil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fenugreek seed||1 Tablespoon|
|Oats||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chickpea/Garbanzo beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked (For the masala)|
|Oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For the masala)|
|Cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For the masala)|
|Green chilies||To Taste (For the masala)|
|Curry leaves||1 Tablespoon (For the masala)|
|Onion||1 Large (For the masala)|
|Turmeric||1⁄4 Teaspoon (For the masala)|
|Red chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For the masala)|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon (to garnish)|
|Regular salt||2 Teaspoon (1 tsp. for the batter and remaining for the stuffing)|
|Vegetable oil spray||8 Dash|
Calories 1020 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1018.6 mg42.4%
Total Carbohydrates 179 g59.7%
Dietary Fiber 33 g132.1%
Sugars 10.1 g
Protein 45 g90.6%
Vitamin A 25% Vitamin C 18.5%
Calcium 40.4% Iron 67.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rinse the rice and dal; soak for four hours along with fenugreek seeds.
2. Soak the oats for 20 minutes.
3. Grind all the soaked ingredients into a smooth batter, season with salt and let sit for 8 hours.
4. Soak and boil chickpea, take out a little portion and grind the rest into a paste. Keep aside
5. For the masala – heat oil in a pan add in cumin seeds, curry leaves, green chilies and chopped onions. Sauté well.
6. Season with salt, turmeric and red chili powder, cook everything well until the onion turns translucent.
7. Finally add in the reserved chickpea and the paste, mix well, and simmer for 5 minutes.
8. For making the dosa , pour a ladleful of batter in the center of a hot griddle and spread out thin.
9. Spray some oil and let cook until crispy brown on one side.
10. Fill the stuffing in the center and top with chopped onions and some cilantro.
11. Fold in both sides.
12. Serve Masala dosa with sambhar and chutney.