- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oatmeal Crispies Recipe
|Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), firmly packed|
|Sifted flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Quick cooking oats||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2873 Calories from Fat 1120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 128 g196.4%
Saturated Fat 22.5 g112.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg
Sodium 1826.2 mg76.1%
Total Carbohydrates 403 g134.4%
Dietary Fiber 22.2 g88.9%
Sugars 202.2 g
Protein 53 g106.7%
Vitamin A 87.5% Vitamin C 0.72%
Calcium 18.7% Iron 63.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Combine and cream the margarine and sugars till light and fluffy.
2) Add in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3) Add in the vanilla.
4) Combine and sift the flour, salt, and soda.
5) Stir in the oats and walnuts.
6) Add into the creamed mix and blend well.
7) Shape into 2 rolls.
8) Wrap in a waxed paper and refrigerate for several hours.
9) Cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices.
10) Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet.
11) Place in the oven at 350° F and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
12) Serve as a healthy snack.