- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oatmeal Whoopie Pies: Cookie Jar Recipe Video
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), cubed|
|Brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Quick cooking oats||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Hot water||3 Tablespoon|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon, cubed|
|Cream cheese||2 Ounce|
|Marshmallow fluff||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6020 Calories from Fat 2067
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 236 g363.1%
Saturated Fat 135 g675.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 977.2 mg
Sodium 3106.1 mg129.4%
Total Carbohydrates 935 g311.5%
Dietary Fiber 35.1 g140.5%
Sugars 506.3 g
Protein 86 g172.8%
Vitamin A 138.7% Vitamin C 0.32%
Calcium 75.1% Iron 131%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. Line baking sheet with parchment.
2. In a food processor cream and brown sugar until fluffy. Then mix in the eggs and beat for about 2 minutes.
3. In a medium-size bowl, stir together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and oats.
4. Add this to the butter mixture and begin mixing. Immediately add the hot water and let mix until the dough just comes together.
5. Scoop 6-8 cookies on a baking sheet and bake for 11 minutes, until the edges start to brown.
6. Remove the parchment from the baking sheet and let cookies cool thoroughly on cooling rack.
For the filling-
7. Use a mixer, with the whisk attachment, and cream the butter and cream cheese.Add the Marshmallow Fluff and vanilla.
8. Then add powdered sugar and beat. Scrape the bowl down and mix until the filling is light and fluffy.
To Assemble the Cookies-
9. Take one of the cookies, turn it upside-down and place a dollop of filling in the center.
10. Take a 2nd cookie and place it over the filling. Lightly press the 2 cookies together, until you start to see the cream reach all around the edge of the Whoopie PIe.
11. Serve these delicious whoopie pies with your choice of beverages.
These cookies must be kept refrigerated because of the cream cheese filling. You could also wrap the cookies individually in plastic wrap, place them in a freezer bag and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.