- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oatmeal Sesame Bread Recipe
|Active dry yeast||2 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (105°-115°F)|
|Whole wheat flour||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Rolled oats||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Skim milk powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Non Instant)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
Calories 938 Calories from Fat 199
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.7%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.32 mg
Sodium 505.8 mg21.1%
Total Carbohydrates 158 g52.7%
Dietary Fiber 26.6 g106.6%
Sugars 12.1 g
Protein 34 g68.7%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C 0.13%
Calcium 23.3% Iron 64.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2) Let stand in a warm place about 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
3) Stir in oil and honey.
4) In your food processor, use the PLASTIC DOUGH BLADE setting.
5) In the work bowl, add flour, salt, oats, sesame seeds and milk powder. Pulse on/off to mix.
6) Pour in yeast mixture through feed tube while the machine is running. Pulse on/off to mix.
7) Pour in remaining water in a steady stream. You may not require all the water.
8) Process the dough ball for 20 seconds and test the consistency for right elasticity, stickiness and wetness, by stopping the machine.
9) If it is not ready, then process for another 10 seconds.
10) Sprinkle with additional 1-2 tablespoons flour into the dough and pulse machine on/off to coat dough for easy removal from work bowl.
11) In an oiled bowl transfer the dough and turn over to oil the entire surface.
12) Cover with plastic bag or damp cloth and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
13) Punch down dough and knead for 30 seconds to press out the dough.
14) Make 2 parts from the dough.
15) Shape the dough parts into smooth round balls.
16) Use greased 8-inch round pans to place the balls. Alternately, use greased 7 7/8 x 3 7/8-inch pans.
17) Cover and let rise in warm place, free from drafts, until doubled, about 40 minutes.
18) Preheat oven to 350Â°.
19) Place the pans inside oven on middle rack to bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bottom crust of loaf has a hard hollow sound when tapped.
20) Immediately remove the loaf from the pan and cool on metal rack.
21) Slice the bread and serve with your choice of dip or spread.