- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oatmeal Rounds Recipe
|Oats||2 Cup (32 tbs), ground|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||125 Gram (1/2 Cup)|
|Lard||125 Gram (1/2 Cup)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||65 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4106 Calories from Fat 1908
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 215 g331.4%
Saturated Fat 101.8 g508.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 339.3 mg
Sodium 1876.9 mg78.2%
Total Carbohydrates 492 g164.1%
Dietary Fiber 34.7 g139%
Sugars 201.2 g
Protein 64 g127.7%
Vitamin A 56.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 20.8% Iron 110%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting the temperature to 375Â°F (190Â°C).
2) Take a bowl and add the oats, flour, salt and sugar to it.
3) Heat the butter and lard to melt them and add to the dry ingredient mixture, blending them well.
4) Take a bowl and mix the baking soda and hot water together.
5) Mix it to the main mixture along with the vanilla.
6) Fashion it into a roll and place in refrigerator after wrapping in wax paper.
7) Keep it chilled for a minimum of 1 hour.
8) Cut the roll into thin slices.
9) Take a cookie sheet and butter it.
10) Place the balls on the cookie sheet.
11) Place inside a pre-heated oven and bake for 10 minutes approximately.
12) Serve as required.