- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oatmeal Nut Crispies Recipe
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Lemon extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Quick cooking oats||3 Cup (48 tbs), uncooked|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6120 Calories from Fat 2542
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 292 g448.6%
Saturated Fat 63.5 g317.4%
Trans Fat 27 g
Cholesterol 423 mg
Sodium 2568.6 mg107%
Total Carbohydrates 839 g279.5%
Dietary Fiber 52.6 g210.5%
Sugars 425.1 g
Protein 93 g185.6%
Vitamin A 11.1% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 59.9% Iron 133.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350°.
2) In a bowl, add shortening to cream.
3) Slowly add sugar and keep on beating until the mixture turns light and fluffy.
4) Add one egg at a time to beat well.
5) Pour in lemon extract and beat well.
6) In another bowl, place flour, soda, salt and cinnamon to combine.
7) Add the dry mixture to creamed mixture and beat thoroughly.
8) Fold in oats and pecans.
9) Make 2 long rolls having 2 inches diameter out of the dough.
10) Use waxed paper to wrap the rolls and place inside refrigerator to chill for 2 to 3 hours or until firm.
11) Bring out of the refrigerator, unwrap and slice in ¼ inch thickness.
12) In a lightly greased cookie sheets, arrange the cookies keeping 2-3 inches gap from each other.
13) Place the cookie sheets inside oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cookies are crisp.