- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oatmeal Molasses Ginger Cakes Recipe
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), rolled|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
Calories 323 Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 111.4 mg
Sodium 282.5 mg11.8%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.8%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 13 g25.1%
Vitamin A 3.6% Vitamin C 0.08%
Calcium 20.6% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a measuring cup, mix together eggs,oil,molasses,honey,vanilla extract and milk.
2) Put the mixture aside.
3) Into the work bowl of the food processor(use metal balde or plastic mixing blade),add flour, oats, baking powder, ginger and salt.
4) Mix with 3-4 on/off pulses.
5) While the machine is running, pour in the liquid mixture.
6) Stop the machine as soon as all the liquid has been added.
7) Ensure that you do not overblend.
8) Collect the mixture from down sides of bowl by scraping.
9) Heat a lightly greased non-stick frying pan over moderate heat.
10) Before baking, test the pan by sprinkling a few drops of cold water on it.
11) The pan is ready, If the water bounces and sputters.
12) Onto a pan, ladle batter using a 1/4-cup measure.
13) Pancakes are ready to turn when bubbles appear on top and the underside is light brown in about 2-3 minutes.
14) Turn pancakes only once and further bake until the second side is done.
15) Cooking the second side requires just half the time required to cook the first side.
16) Oatmeal Molasses pancakes are ready to be served.