- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oatmeal Energy Bar Recipe Video
|Steel cut oats||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Oat bran||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flaxseed meal||4 Tablespoon (optional) (Optional)|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Blackstrap molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dates||3 Large, chop|
|Vanilla extract||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 912 Calories from Fat 268
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.1%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 82.8 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 148 g49.4%
Dietary Fiber 23.9 g95.7%
Sugars 54.8 g
Protein 25 g49.7%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 19.9% Iron 43.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl take steel cut oats, oat bran, flaxseed meal raisins, walnuts, almonds and pecans
2. Place a pan over low – medium heat and add in maple syrup, honey and blackstrap molasses.
3. Add in dates and tahini and incorporate all the ingredients well until silk and smooth.
4. Sprinkle cinnamon and vanilla extract to the mixture, stir to incorporate all the ingredients.
5. Pour syrup over the oat mixture and mix until incorporated.
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
7. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
8. Place the mixture onto parchment lined sheet.
9. Spread out the mixture make roughly ½ inch thick.
10. Bake in oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
11. Take out the bar from the oven and let it cool for 20 minutes.
12. Cut Sesame Oatmeal bars into pieces and serve as a dessert after meal.