- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oatmeal Date Bars Recipe
|Butter||125 Gram (1/2 Cup)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Quick cooking oats||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dates||1 Pound (500 Grams)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (250 Milliliter)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4271 Calories from Fat 968
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 111 g170.1%
Saturated Fat 65.6 g327.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 268.8 mg
Sodium 2361.3 mg98.4%
Total Carbohydrates 853 g284.4%
Dietary Fiber 48.3 g193.3%
Sugars 687.5 g
Protein 32 g64.5%
Vitamin A 63.5% Vitamin C 3.2%
Calcium 28.9% Iron 55.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F (180Â°C).
2) Make a light and fluffy mix of the butter and sugar.
3) Combine the flour, salt and baking soda with the creamed mixture above.
4) Pour in the oats and mix until it gets crumbly. Once it is at this stage, set it aside.
5) In a saucepan, pit and chop the dates and mix with the sugar, water and cinnamon. Let it cook until it gets thick; then, allow it to cool slightly.
6) Now, spread half the oat mixture on the bottom of an 8-inch x 14-inch (20-cm x 35-cm) pan previously lined with wax paper. Press down firmly.
7) Spread on the Date Filling and then top with the remaining oat mixture. Press down gently.
8) Bake in a 350Â°F (180Â°C) oven for about 20 minutes.
9) Cool and serve.