- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oatmeal Crispies Recipe
|Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), firmly packed|
|Sifted flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Quick-cooking oats||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2904 Calories from Fat 1148
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 130 g199.7%
Saturated Fat 22.4 g111.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg
Sodium 1825.7 mg76.1%
Total Carbohydrates 403 g134.2%
Dietary Fiber 23.5 g93.8%
Sugars 201.6 g
Protein 54 g108.8%
Vitamin A 87.4% Vitamin C 0.18%
Calcium 18.2% Iron 64.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Blend margarine and sugar well to make it creamy and light.
3. Put eggs one by one.
4. Blend well after every egg.
5. Put vanilla and sifted flour, salt and soda.
6. Add oats and walnuts to the mixture and stir well.
7. Make 2 rolls of the dough, cover in a waxed paper and chill for few hours or overnight.
8. Once cold, make 1/8 inch thick slices.
9. Arrange the slices on greased baking sheet and bake for 10- 12 minutes.
10. Serve the crispies in a dish.