- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Carrot And Oatmeal Muffins Recipe Video
|Soured milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Quick-cooking rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the wet ingredients|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|For the dry ingredients|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried cranberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 254 Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.7%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17.6 mg
Sodium 346.9 mg14.5%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 19.1 g
Protein 6 g12.6%
Vitamin A 18.8% Vitamin C 1.7%
Calcium 16.6% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, add and combine quick oats with sour milk. Mix well and set it aside for 10 minutes.
3. In a medium sized bowl, add and combine carrots, brown sugar, vegetable oil, egg and orange rind. Whisk well and set aside.
4. In another bowl, add and combine the flour with sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Mix well and stir in the dried cranberries and mix until combined.
5. Stir the carrot mixture into the oatmeal-sour milk mixture and mix well.
6. Stir the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix until moistened.
7. Take a greased 12 cup muffin pan and spoon the batter evenly into each cup. Bake this in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
8. Serve these muffins with warm milk.