- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oatmeal Cake With Coconut Topping Recipe
|Boiling water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Quick cooking oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Packed dark brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Coconut topping||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3840 Calories from Fat 1205
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 139 g213.4%
Saturated Fat 86.4 g432.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 664.9 mg
Sodium 2524.7 mg105.2%
Total Carbohydrates 629 g209.6%
Dietary Fiber 26.4 g105.5%
Sugars 406.8 g
Protein 52 g103.3%
Vitamin A 66.3% Vitamin C 4.7%
Calcium 23.8% Iron 83.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Line an 8-inch square glass baking dish with 2 layers of paper towels cut to fit. Set aside.
3. Blend flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
4. Cream butter and sugars in a large mixer bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add oat mixture and beat for
5. Add beaten eggs, vanilla extract and dry ingredients; beat
2 minutes. Turn batter into the lined dish.
6. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 11 to 12 1/2 minutes
at Medium-High, or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean; rotate dish one-half turn every 4 minutes.
7. Turn cake onto a serving platter. Peel off paper.
8. Prepare topping. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 1 1/2 minutes at High, or until bubbly. Spread topping over baked cake.