- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Pumpkin Muffin with Walnuts Recipe Video
|Flour||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1 Teaspoon|
|Pumpkin puree||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canola oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
Calories 306 Calories from Fat 128
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.6%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31 mg
Sodium 135.1 mg5.6%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g13.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 26.1 g
Protein 4 g7.9%
Vitamin A 64.4% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liner and keep aside.
3) In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
4) Add sugar and whisk.
5) Add pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water, and walnuts to the mixture.
6) Using a spatula, gently and carefully combine all the ingredients.
7) Using a big cookie scoop, fill the muffin cups with equal amounts of batter.
8) Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over muffin batter before baking.8) Bake for 25 minutes.
9) Remove and test for doneness.
10)Leave in pan for 5 minutes and then transfer from pan to cooling rack and allow to cool.
11)Serve with a cup of coffee.