- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oatmeal Breakfast Bars Recipe Video
|Old fashioned oats||2 2⁄3 Cup (42.67 tbs)|
|Flax seed meal||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried fruit||1⁄2 Deciliter (cranberries, raisins, apricots, dates)|
|Nuts||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (pecans, walnuts, peanuts, almonds, sunflower seeds)|
|Banana||2 Medium, mashed|
|Canola oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Agave nectar/Maple syrup or brown rice syrup||3 Tablespoon|
|Egg replacer||10 Gram|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3450 Calories from Fat 1518
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 170 g261.7%
Saturated Fat 23.5 g117.6%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 0.2 mg
Sodium 1218.2 mg50.8%
Total Carbohydrates 428 g142.6%
Dietary Fiber 69.4 g277.8%
Sugars 88.2 g
Protein 84 g167.6%
Vitamin A 3.5% Vitamin C 29.6%
Calcium 53.4% Iron 112.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 7x11 or 9x9 inch glass baking dish and keep it ready.
2. Chop the dried fruit and nuts into small pieces.
3. Combine the oats, flax, nuts and fruit and mix well.
4. Add the mashed bananas, Ener-G Egg Replacer, oil/applesauce, sweetener and hot water. Mix until blended and sticky. Let it sit for 10 minutes so that the oats absorb the liquid.
5. Press the dough into the pan.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until slightly golden brown and remove from the oven.
7. Let the pan cool for 5-10 minutes and then cut the bars into squares. Remove from the pan and let them cool fully on a wire rack. The bars will be slightly chewy.
8. Serve as you may like.