- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Simple Oat Cake Recipe Video
|Oat meal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Low fat butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 501 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.8%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1625.1 mg67.7%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30.1%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24.1%
Sugars 24.6 g
Protein 12 g24%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 0.25%
Calcium 89.5% Iron 265.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 150 degrees centigrade.
2. In a pan bring 5 tbsp water and butter to boil together.
3. In a mixing bowl mix the remaining ingredients with a wooden spoon.
4. Dig a hole in the middle and add the melted butter slowly little by little to make it into a smooth ball.
5. Sprinkle flour on a wooden cutting board and knead the prepared oat ball.
6. Take a large baking tray and line it with parchment paper.
7. Sprinkle oatmeal on top of it and press it slowly until it is a firm thin layer using a rolling pin if required.
8. Using a knife divide the rolled oats into 8 equal portions.
9. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes.
10. Spread over with honey and serve.