- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oat and Jam Bars Recipe Video
|Oats||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Melted butter||6 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Strawberry jam||2 Cup (32 tbs) (any flavour)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4004 Calories from Fat 1235
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 140 g214.7%
Saturated Fat 70.1 g350.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 193.5 mg64.5%
Sodium 1223.4 mg51%
Total Carbohydrates 668 g222.7%
Dietary Fiber 17.1 g68.5%
Sugars 404.9 g
Protein 36 g72.2%
Vitamin A 45% Vitamin C 128%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 66.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl take oats, all-purpose flour, melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and salt. Mix all the ingredients together.
4. Spread or unroll your pie crust on a parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Spread jam over the crust, all the way to the edges.
6. Sprinkle the oat mixture over the jam.
7. Bake in the 450°, preheated oven for 20 minutes.
8. Once they are done, let the bars cool completely before you cut them to prevent them from falling apart.
9. Serve oatmeal and jam bars with milk or fresh fruit juice.
If you use a homemade crust, don't roll it thicker than ½".
If your crust if a lot thicker, it may take 30-40 minutes for the crust to bake thoroughly.