- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
NY Deli Style Cheese Cake Recipe Video
|For the filling:|
|Philadelphia cream cheese||24 Ounce (3*8 ounce packs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg yolk||1 Large|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Almond milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the crust:|
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Softened unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon|
|Egg yolk||1 Large, lightly beaten|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 401 Calories from Fat 248
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.1%
Saturated Fat 15.9 g79.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 128.5 mg
Sodium 238.6 mg9.9%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.41 g1.6%
Sugars 23.7 g
Protein 6 g12.1%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 0.32%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, add sugar, flour and salt. Mix well and keep aside.
3. In an electric mixer, add in and start beating the cream cheese, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Using a spatula scrape off the sides of the bowl of any extra mixture and continue beating.
4. Slowly add in the sugar-flour mixture and continue beating. Scrape off the edges and let it incorporate well into the batter.
5. Increase the speed of the electric mixture and slowly pour in the almond milk. Continue beating for another 2 minutes on high speed. Once done, refrigerate this mixture until the crust is made.
6. In another bowl, add in the flour, butter, sugar, egg yolk, lemon juice, vanilla extract and mix well using a pastry cutter or a fork until well combined.
7. Take an 8 inch cheese cake pan, place some amount of the crust mixture onto the bottom and spread it, pressing in gently until it forms the bottom layer of the cheese cake. Don't spread it till the edges of the pan.
8. Bake this in the preheated oven at 400 degrees for 7 minutes. Once done, remove and let it cool for 5 minutes.
9. Coat the sides of the cheese cake pan with the remaining crust mixture. Starting from the bottom, press in the mixture gently until it is 1 1/2 inches at the sides.
10. In the preheated oven, place a tray filled with hot water in the bottom rack and close the door of the oven. (This water will add moisture to the oven and prevent the cheese cake from cracking)
11. In the cake pan with the crust, add in the cheese cake filling and level it by tapping the cake pan on a surface. Pop out any bubbles that form on the surface of the cake.
12. Bake this in the middle of the oven at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
13. After that, reduce the temperature to 300 degrees and bake it for 55 minutes.
14. Once done, remove the cake pan, let it cool completely before refrigerating it for 2-3 hours.
15. Slice the cheese cake into desired portions and serve it garnished with strawberry jam.