- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nutty Noodle Casserole Recipe
|Whole wheat noodles||12 Ounce, cooked, drained (Whole Wheat Or Soy)|
|Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry soybeans||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), cooked|
|Peanuts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cashews||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Low fat yogurt||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sesame butter||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Raw Variety)|
|Sesame meal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted|
Calories 1727 Calories from Fat 961
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 113 g173.6%
Saturated Fat 20.1 g100.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 111.1 mg
Sodium 314.4 mg13.1%
Total Carbohydrates 128 g42.8%
Dietary Fiber 21.8 g87%
Sugars 29.8 g
Protein 68 g136.6%
Vitamin A 22.6% Vitamin C 19%
Calcium 128.4% Iron 136.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven 350°F.
2) In an oven-proof pan, heat up margarine to sauté onions until transparent.
3) Add peanuts and cashews to stir until lightly browned.
4) Mix with noodles and soybeans.
5) Place inside oven to heat thoroughly.
6) In a bowl, blend the yogurt, sesame butter and nutmeg.
7) Transfer in a serving dish or casserole and stir in the yogurt mixture.
8) Sprinkle salt and pepper to season.
9) Sprinkle sesame seed meal over the top to serve.