- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nutty Carrot Cheese Balls Recipe
|Neufchatel cheese||3 Ounce, softened|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Ounce, shredded (1/2 Cup)|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Ground pecans||3 Tablespoon (Toasted)|
|Wheat germ||3 Tablespoon (Toasted)|
Calories 157 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.3%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.4 mg
Sodium 114.3 mg4.8%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 6 g12.3%
Vitamin A 40% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, add first 3 ingredients to combine well.
2) Cover and place inside refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
3) Shape 1-inch balls from the mixture.
4) In a flat plate, mix the toasted pecans and wheat germ.
5) Coat the balls with the pecan-wheat germ mixture.
6) Cover and place inside refrigerator to chill thoroughly.
7) Serve the cheese balls with your choice of sauce or dip, if desired.