- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nutty Carrot Cheese Balls Recipe
|Neufchatel cheese||3 Ounce, softened|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Ounce, shredded (1/2 Cup)|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Ground pecans||3 Tablespoon (Toasted)|
|Wheat germ||3 Tablespoon (Toasted)|
Calories 105 Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.9%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.4 mg6.8%
Sodium 114.3 mg4.8%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 5 g11%
Vitamin A 39.9% Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, add first 3 ingredients to combine well.
2) Cover and place inside refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
3) Shape 1-inch balls from the mixture.
4) In a flat plate, mix the toasted pecans and wheat germ.
5) Coat the balls with the pecan-wheat germ mixture.
6) Cover and place inside refrigerator to chill thoroughly.
7) Serve the cheese balls with your choice of sauce or dip, if desired.