- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nutty Candy Squares Recipe
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground cardamom||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Toasted)|
|Cashews||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Flaked coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3026 Calories from Fat 1095
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 130 g199.4%
Saturated Fat 67.6 g338.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.9 mg
Sodium 132.1 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 466 g155.2%
Dietary Fiber 22.9 g91.8%
Sugars 423.7 g
Protein 37 g73.4%
Vitamin A 12.1% Vitamin C 3.1%
Calcium 45.6% Iron 52.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a Dutch oven, mix sugar, milk, and cardamom mix well.
2. Over medium heat, cook stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
3. Cook stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches soft ball stage (234°).
4. Take away from heat; add butter (do not stir).
5. Allow it to cool to lukewarm (110°).
6. Using a wooden spoon, beat for 1 minute; stir in slivered almonds, cashews, and coconut.
7. Transfer into a buttered 8-inch square pan.
8. Using a knife, mark warm candy into 1 1/3-inch squares; arrange whole almonds in center of squares, if desired.
9. Allow the squares to cool completely and cut.
10. Use as needed.