- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nutted Wild Rice Recipe
|Wild rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Raw)|
|Chicken stock||5 1⁄2 Cup (88 tbs)|
|Chicken stock/Water||5 1⁄2 Cup (88 tbs), defatted|
|Pecan||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved|
|Yellow raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange||1 Large, grated|
|Orange||1 Large, rind grated|
|Mint||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Fresh mint||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Green onions||4 , thinly sliced|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 527 Calories from Fat 239
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.8%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g16.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.6 mg
Sodium 387.1 mg16.1%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.7%
Sugars 27.8 g
Protein 13 g26.4%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 51.4%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a strainer, rinse rice.
2. In a saucepan, add rinsed rice and add the stock; bring the rice to a rapid boil.
3. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes until it is just cooked.
4. Check the rice after 30 minutes; if it is cooked, drain through a towel.
5. In a mixing bowl, place the cooked rice and add the remaining ingredients; mix well.
6. Let the mixture stand for 2 hours for the flavors to blend.
7. Serve at room temperature or after 1 or 2 days.