- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Nutmeg Cake Recipe
|Sifted cake flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Beer||12 Ounce (1 Can Or Bottle, Lemon-Beer Or Orange-Beer)|
|White frosting||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Any Type)|
Calories 969 Calories from Fat 308
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.6%
Saturated Fat 17.2 g85.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 131 mg
Sodium 517.4 mg21.6%
Total Carbohydrates 152 g50.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 97.6 g
Protein 9 g17.8%
Vitamin A 15.7% Vitamin C 0.08%
Calcium 24% Iron 30.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven at 350°F
2) In a bowl sift dry ingredients together. Keep it aside.
3) In a bowl cream butter with vanilla extract and sugars till fluffy.
4) Using mixer at medium speed whisk in eggs and whites one at a time.
5) Add sifted dry ingredients in thirds alternately with beer in halves to creamed mixture.
6) Beat the mixture on low speed till smoothly blended after each addition.
7) Grease 2
8) Turn into 2 greased and waxed-paper-lined 9-inch round layer cake pans.
9) Bake for 35 minutes till done.
10) Keep in pans to cool for about 10 minutes.
11) Invert and place in wire racks.
12) Cool at room temperature before filling and frosting.
13) Serve cold.