- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nut Squares Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Icing sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3549 Calories from Fat 1844
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 206 g317.1%
Saturated Fat 97.7 g488.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 664.9 mg
Sodium 1319.8 mg55%
Total Carbohydrates 389 g129.5%
Dietary Fiber 21.6 g86.4%
Sugars 241.4 g
Protein 63 g125.7%
Vitamin A 66% Vitamin C 4.4%
Calcium 68.8% Iron 64.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
– In a bowl, combine flour and icing sugar,
– Cream in the butter until mixture becomes light and granulated.
– Press shortbread mixture into a square 8-inch (20 cm) unbuttered baking pan and bake 20 minutes.
– In a bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Add brown sugar.
– In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the sugar mixture.
– Add vanilla extract, chopped nuts and grated coconut,
– Spread mixture over the shortbread and return to the oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
– Cool completely before slicing.