- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nut Macaroons Recipe
|Powdered sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg whites||5 , beaten|
|Chopped nuts||1 Pound|
Calories 402 Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.1%
Saturated Fat 4 g20%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 223.7 mg9.3%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 25.9 g
Protein 12 g23.7%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 10.3% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 300°F
2. Line a cookie sheet with butter paper.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift in flour with baking power.
4. Add the powdered sugar and mix well using a plastic spatula.
5. Gently fold in the egg whites without beating or stirring vigorously.
6. Add and fold in the nuts.
7. Using a dessert spoon, drop the batter on the cookie sheet, keeping space between each.
8. Immediately place in the preheated oven for 15 minutes until golden.
9. Remove and let cool and harden.
10. Store in air tight container.
11. Serve along with tea or coffee.