- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nut Filled Baked Apples Recipe
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), ground (Of Your Choice)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Baking apples||8 Medium, but cored (Kept Whole)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 339 Calories from Fat 123
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.7%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.5 mg
Sodium 75 mg3.1%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.4%
Sugars 47.3 g
Protein 5 g10.1%
Vitamin A 3.6% Vitamin C 9.8%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Mix the nuts, brown sugar, cinnamon and egg together.
2) In a large, rectangular slow cooker, put the apples on a rack.
3) Into apples, spoon the nut-sugar mixture till they are 2/3rd full.
4) In a saucepan, combine together the sugar, 1/3 cup water and butter. Stir over moderate heat till the sugar has dissolved well.
5) Over the filling in the apples, pour the syrup till the cavities are filled.
6) To the slow cooker, add ½ cup water around the apples.
7) Cover the cooker and cook over low heat for 8 to 10 hours or over high heat for 3 to 4 hours.
8) Serve warm. If preferred, top with whipped cream, ice cream, whipped topping or frozen yoghurt.