- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cinnamon Nut Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe Video
|For the topping|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|For the batter|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Teaspoon, melted|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
Calories 156 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.9%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.6 mg
Sodium 118.7 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.82 g3.3%
Sugars 15.3 g
Protein 2 g4.2%
Vitamin A 2.3% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. For the topping: In a bowl, add and combine brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon and butter. Using a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the mixture until nice and crumbly.
3. For the batter: In a mixing bowl, add and combine flour with baking powder and salt. Mix well and set aside.
4. In another bowl, cream the sugar with butter. Beat until combined.
5. Add the egg, vanilla extract and beat until nice and light.
6. Add 1/3 cup of the flour with 1/2 cup of milk and continue beating. Add another 1/3 cup of flour with the remaining milk. Add finally add the last cup of flour and beat until well combined.
7. Take a greased 8 inch baking pan and evenly pour about half of the cake batter into the pan and sprinkle it with half of the topping. Then top the remaining batter evenly and the remaining topping over the batter. Bake this in the preheated oven for 30 - 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
8. Serve the coffee nut cake with warm milk or coffee.