- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nuoc Cham Dipping Sauce Recipe
|Pepper red||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Distilled white vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Nuoc Mam Fish Sauce)|
|Fresh lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 Small, finely shredded, rinsed and squeezed dry|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 484 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.2 g0.3%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.16%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9301.1 mg387.5%
Total Carbohydrates 118 g39.3%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.8%
Sugars 108.4 g
Protein 7 g14.9%
Vitamin A 170.7% Vitamin C 68.5%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small dish, soak the red pepper in the vinegar for 2 minutes.
2) Use a small bowl, to add fish sauce, lime juice, carrot, garlic and sugar and combine thoroughly.
3) Stir in 1 1/2 cups warm water and the hot pepper-vinegar mixture.
4) Stir constantly until the sugar dissolves.
5) Serve at room temperature.
Store the sauce in a jar in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.