- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
November's Mystery Soup Recipe
|Yellow onion||1 , chopped|
|Red onion||1 , chopped|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||10 Cup (160 tbs)|
|Small white beans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped spinach/Chard||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced carrot||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Or Chunks)|
|Yellow split peas||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mineral salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 651 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.1%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 205.4 mg8.6%
Total Carbohydrates 115 g38.3%
Dietary Fiber 43 g172%
Sugars 19 g
Protein 42 g84.8%
Vitamin A 386.1% Vitamin C 29.1%
Calcium 22.2% Iron 59.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large pot, saute the basil, oregano and onion in the oil until lightly golden.
2) Stir in the carrots and saute another 5 minutes.
3) Stir in the split peas and mix well to coat with the oil.
4) Pour the water, stir and allow to boil.
5) Stir in the spinach or chard, seasonings and white beans, then simmer for 2 hours until beans are soft.
6) Stir in the lemon juice and adjust the seasonings.
7) Pour in the soup bowls and serve immediately.