- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nouvelle Tossed Salad Recipe
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), split|
|Curly endive||7 Cup (112 tbs), torn|
|Radicchio||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Arugula leaves||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Walnut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt free herb and spice seasoning||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 63 Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8%
Saturated Fat 0.5 g2.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 84.8 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 1 g2.5%
Vitamin A 28.6% Vitamin C 11.1%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Use a large salad bowl to rub the surface with garlic.
2) Discard the garlic.
3) In the salad bowl, add endive, radicchio, and arugula to toss thoroughly.
4) Cover the bowl with a lid and place inside refrigerator to chill completely.
5) In a jar, add vinegar, oil, seasoning, and pepper.
6) Tightly cover the jar lid and shake vigorously to blend in.
7) Drizzle the dressing over chilled salad. Thoroughly toss to combine.
8) Serve the salad bowl by garnishing with tomato rose, if desired.