- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Normandy Potato Casserole Recipe
|Cottage cheese||500 Milliliter|
|Butter||25 Milliliter, melted and divided|
|Green onions||3 , finely chopped|
|Sour cream/Yogurt||125 Milliliter|
|Fresh bread crumbs||250 Milliliter|
|Cheddar cheese||50 Milliliter, finely grated|
Calories 466 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.1%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.1 mg
Sodium 969.6 mg40.4%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.4%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 21 g41.2%
Vitamin A 13.4% Vitamin C 71%
Calcium 28.3% Iron 22%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pan, boil potatoes. Allow them to cool for 10 minutes; peel and dice.
2) Take a small bowl and mix 15 ml (1 tbsp) butter and bread crumbs.
3) Microwave at HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes. Keep it aside.
4) Take an oblong baking dish, line half the potatoes in the bottom.
5) In a bowl, mix the flour, half of cottage cheese, remaining butter and seasonings.
6) Scatter half of the mixture over the potatoes.
7) Layer the green onions on top of it, and cover with remaining potatoes.
8) In another bowl, mix the Cheddar cheese with milk and yogurt and pour over potatoes.
9) Close the lid and microwave at MEDIUM for 9 to 11 minutes.
10) Remove the lid and top with toasted bread crumbs and Cheddar cheese.
11) Serve hot on individual plates.