- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Noodles with Nut Sauce Recipe
|Broccoli rabe||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pecans||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Preferably Low Fat)|
|Cheese||2 Tablespoon (Preferably Low Fat)|
|Angle hair pasta||8 Ounce|
Calories 366 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.3 mg
Sodium 55.1 mg2.3%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.2%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.9%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 11 g21.7%
Vitamin A 7.4% Vitamin C 5%
Calcium 12.6% Iron 15.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta according to package directions until tender but do not overcook.
2. Drain and return the pasta in the pot.
3. In a frying pan over medium heat, sautÃ© the broccoli rabe, oil, garlic, basil, and thyme.
4. Cook for about 3 minutes or until the greens wilt and transfer the mixture to a food processor.
5. Add the milk, pecans, and cottage cheese.
6. Continue processing until a smooth mixture is formed.
7. Add the sauce to the cooked pasta and toss to mix well.
8. Serve the pasta warm as a complete meal or even as a side dish.