- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Noodles With Japanese Fish Cake Recipe
|Fish cake slice||2 (Japanese style)|
|Snow peas||4 Ounce|
|Bok choy head||1⁄4|
|Udon noodles||12 Ounce|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Shrimp||12 Large, cooked|
|Soy sauce||6 Tablespoon|
|Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Scallion||1 , chopped finely|
Calories 537 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.3%
Saturated Fat 0.98 g4.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 164.1 mg
Sodium 2080.1 mg86.7%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 37 g74.2%
Vitamin A 174.7% Vitamin C 84.8%
Calcium 17.1% Iron 29.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut fish cake, carrot, and leek into thin juliennes. Keep separately.
2. Snap the tips of the snow peas.
3. Shred the Bok Choy finely after discarding the wilted leaves.
4. To make the dipping sauce in a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients except the Wasabi and scallion.
5. Heat on a medium flame, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
6. When sauce comes to a boil, take pan off the heat.
7. Stir in wasabi and scallion. Pour sauce into small sauce dishes and let cool.
8. In a medium saucepan, bring salted water to a boil.
9. Add noodles and cook till tender- crisp. Drain.
10. At the same time, in another saucepan, bring chicken stock to a boil.
11. Add carrot and leek to the stock and simmer for 1 minute.
12. Add snow peas and boil another minute.
13. Finally, add Bok Choy, boil till wilted.
14. Add shrimp to boiling stock with vegetables.
15. Take pan off the heat and let shrimp blanch in the hot stock for 2 minutes.
16. Divide the noodles between 4 bowls.
17. Ladle the stock with vegetables and shrimp over noodles.
18. Top with fish cake strips
19. Serve steaming hot with dipping sauce on the side.