- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Noodles Almondine Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||5 Tablespoon, divided (1/4 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), slivered|
|Egg noodles||3 Cup (48 tbs), uncooked|
|Medium egg noodles||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Uncooked)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Snipped parsley||1 Tablespoon, dried|
|Fresh parsley/1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
Calories 803 Calories from Fat 484
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g85.3%
Saturated Fat 31.2 g156.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 195.8 mg
Sodium 126.2 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.8%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.9%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 17 g33.2%
Vitamin A 36% Vitamin C 8.3%
Calcium 14.6% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pie plate, place the butter.
2. In the microwave, cook for 30 to 45 seconds at High to melt the butter
3. Add the almonds.
4. In the microwave, cook for 5 to 6 minutes at High, until light golden brown, stirring twice. Keep aside.
5. Cook the noodles.
6. In a 2 –quart casserole, place the cooked noodles and keep aside.
7. Add the almonds, Parmesan cheese, remaining 1/4 cup butter and the parsley and mix well.
8. In the microwave, cook for 2 to 3 minutes at Power 5 or Medium, until the butter melts and the dish is heated through, stirring once.
9. Serve hot.