- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Noodles Al Sugo Recipe
|Fresh tomatoes/1 1/4 pints tinned tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Sugar||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh thyme sprig/1 teaspoon dried marjoram / thyme||1 Large|
|Chopped chives/Chopped parsley||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (A Little)|
|Grated cheese||6 Ounce|
Calories 1229 Calories from Fat 416
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.3%
Saturated Fat 18.9 g94.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 217.7 mg
Sodium 1941.9 mg80.9%
Total Carbohydrates 142 g47.3%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40.1%
Sugars 16 g
Protein 60 g119.9%
Vitamin A 69.2% Vitamin C 76.5%
Calcium 104.7% Iron 30.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a thick pan, gently cover and cook the tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper and bay leaf for about 1 hour.
2) Blend the mixture in a blender or press through a sieve.
3) In a large saucepan with rapidly boiling salted water, cook the noodles for about 10 minutes and drain well.
4) In a pan, heat the tomato pulp alongwith the oil and marjoram, then mix in the noodles and coat well.
5) Spoon in a warm dish, garnish with the chives or parsley and serve immediately with the grated cheese.