- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Noodle Pilaf Recipe
|Fine noodles||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), broken in pieces|
|Condensed chicken broth||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can, Campbell'S)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Raw rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Regular Variety)|
|Ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped (A Handful, For Garnish)|
Calories 208 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.8%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31.7 mg
Sodium 597.5 mg24.9%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.67 g2.7%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 4 g9%
Vitamin A 10.3% Vitamin C 8.4%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Melt butter or margarine in a large skillet.
2. Add noodles and rice and sautÃ© until lightly colored.
3. Tip in the broth and pour in the water.
4. Season with pepper.
5. Bring to a boil, stirring to prevent rice from stickling to the sides and base.
6. Reduce heat, cover pan and simmer rice for about 20 to 25 minutes until tender and liquid has been absorbed.
7. When the rice is cooked, turn off the heat.
8. Cover and let rice stand in the steam, for 5 minutes.
9. Heap into a serving dish or platter and garnish with parsley.
10. Serve hot with stew or sauce.