- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Noodle Casserole Smetane Recipe
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Cornflakes||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onions||2 , chopped into 1-inch pieces (Each 5 Inch In Length)|
|Wide noodles||14 Ounce, cooked, drained, salted (1 Packet)|
|White sauce||4 Ounce (Quick, 1 Medium Bottle)|
|Large curd cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Undrained)|
Calories 423 Calories from Fat 146
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.4%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.6 mg
Sodium 402.9 mg16.8%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.3%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 19 g37.5%
Vitamin A 13.8% Vitamin C 5.6%
Calcium 20.3% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Into the blender, add in the diced parmesan cheese. Using the Grate Blade, blend the cheese for about 15 seconds to your desired fineness.
3) Transfer the cheese into a small bowl.
4) Into the blender next, add in the cornflakes. Using the Puree Blade, pulse to crush the flakes to the desired size for crumb topping.
5) In a small bowl, add in the crumbs and mix it with melted butter or margarine.
6) Into the blender, add in the sour cream and onion. With the Puree blade on, finely chop the onion in about 4 seconds. Use a rubber spatula to move the ingredients around.
7) In a large bowl, mix the above sauce along with the noodles, sour cream and 1/2 the amount of parmesan and cottage cheese.
8) Transfer the mixture into a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Add the remaining cottage cheese on top.
9) Sprinkle the cornflake crumbs around the edge of the casserole. Top it with the remainder of the parmesan cheese.
10) Bake for about 50 minutes, till the top starts to bubble over.
11) Serve the Noodle Casserole Smetane garnished with chopped parsley leaves.