- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Noodle Bowls Recipe
|Vegetable stock/Chicken broth||3 Quart|
|Linguini||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Fresh linguini||1 1⁄2 Pound (Available On Dairy Aisle)|
|Chicken tenders/Chicken breasts cut for stir-fry||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut in to chunks|
|Chicken tenders||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into bite-size chunks/chicken breasts cut for stir-fry|
|Scallions||8 , cut into pieces (1 Can)|
|Scallions||8 , cut into bite-size pieces on an angle|
|Carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded (Available In Pouches In Produce Section)|
|Fresh shiitake mushrooms||12 Ounce, coarsely chopped (About 24 Mushrooms, 1 Package)|
|Shiitake mushrooms||24 , coarsely chopped (1 Package)|
|Bok choy head||1⁄2 , trimmed and shredded|
|Bok choy||1⁄2 , trimmed and shredded|
|Snow peas||1⁄2 Pound, cut in half (For Garnish)|
|Snow peas||1⁄2 Pound, cut in half on an angle|
Calories 789 Calories from Fat 185
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.4%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.5 mg
Sodium 1504 mg62.7%
Total Carbohydrates 124 g41.2%
Dietary Fiber 19 g76.1%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 35 g69.5%
Vitamin A 217.3% Vitamin C 102.7%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 29.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a soup pot bring 3 quarts of vegetable stock or chicken broth to a boil.
2. In a large separate pot of boiling salted water, cook fresh linguini for 3 minutes.
3. Drain pasta just before it's done to enable for it to finish cooking while it steeps in soup bowls.
4. Place into 4 deep bowls after dividing cooked fresh pasta into 4 equal amounts.
5. Adding chicken to boiling broth poach chicken for 5 minutes.
6. To bowls of pasta add veggies, ladle broth and chicken equally into the four bowls to cover vegetables and noodles.
7. With small plates cover bowls tightly to let the soup steep for 5 minutes.
8. To serve uncover noodle bowls.